OUR LADY OF FATIMA CHURCH

OUR LADY OF FATIMA CHURCH

This is the only Catholic Church in Beit Sahour, and it was named after the apparition of the Virgin Mary in Fatima, Portugal. The Church, located near the Shepherds’ Field, was founded by the Latin Patriarchate in Jerusalem in 1859, who commissioned a Catholic priest named Jacques Maurita to design the structure.

It is renowned for its astonishing Altar, which is one of its kind in Palestine. The Altar was jointly built by foreigners and masons from the local community and includes carvings that narrate the birth and life of Jesus. A school was established during the same year when the Church was built, and it is still operational until today, educating students from the area and nearby villages.

You maybe interested in

ST. THEODOSIUS MONASTERY
ST. THEODOSIUS MONASTERY

The Monastery reached its golden age between the fifth and seventh centuries, where it used to ...

ST. NICHOLAS CHURCH
ST. NICHOLAS CHURCH

Was built over the Grotto, which is believed to be the place where St. Nicholas spent a part of his ...

THE CONVENT OF THE HORTUS CONCLUSUS | SEALED GARDEN
THE CONVENT OF THE HORTUS CONCLUSUS | SEALED GARDEN

It was built by engineers from Bethlehem’s Morcos family in 1901, at the request of Mgr.

The website is created and sponsored by

Copyright © 2022 Bethlehem Gate. All rights reserved. | Developed By Intertech