King David’s Wells

King David’s Wells

King David’s Wells are three water cisterns located within the grounds of the Catholic Action Center, just a few minutes’ walk from the Church of the Nativity. The wells, which are still in use, are related to the place where David's soldiers broke through the Philistine lines in order to fetch him drinking water. When they returned to the Cave of Adullam, where the king and his followers were hiding, the king declined to drink from the water which his soldiers risked their lives to retrieve. In 1895, remains of a mosaic from a Byzantine church and an underground monks’ cemetery were discovered just beyond the cisterns. Opening hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Location: Star Street, King David’s Roundabout, Bethlehem.

You maybe interested in

Bethlehem Marketplace | Al Suq
Bethlehem Marketplace | Al Suq

The Souq, or the traditional marketplace, is located in the city’s Old Core.

Solomon’s Pools and the Public Park
Solomon’s Pools and the Public Park

For over two thousand years, Solomon Pools in the south of Bethlehem has been steeped in legend.

Hosh Al Syrian
Hosh Al Syrian

Located a few meters away from the Nativity Church, Hosh Al Syrian, or the Syriac Quarter, dates ...

The website is created and sponsored by

Copyright © 2022 Bethlehem Gate. All rights reserved. | Developed By Intertech