OUR LADY OF THE ANNUNCIATION CATHOLIC CHURCH

OUR LADY OF THE ANNUNCIATION CATHOLIC CHURCH

The Latin Patriarchate School was the first school that opened in the town in 1854. Initially, it was for boys only, and two years later, girls were welcomed. The Orthodox Patriarchate established another school for girls in 1858. The Anglican Church had its own school with a particular interest in teaching languages. The Diocesan Seminary, established in Jerusalem in 1852, was transferred to Beit Jala in 1936.

The LPJ school was a primary school until 1994. After that, it served as a secondary school with all educational stages: English, French, laboratory for physics, chemistry and biology, religious activities, and physical training festivals. The Rosary Sisters came to serve the parish in 1856. Several organizations were established: Scouts in 1950, Saint Vincent Association in 1953, Legion of Mary in 1956 and Ladies of Our Lady of the Annunciation in 2005.

You maybe interested in

VIRGIN MARY'S WELL
VIRGIN MARY'S WELL

built by the Prophet Jacob, son of Isaac, son of Abraham, when he lived for a while in Beit Sahour,

ST. GEORGE MONASTERY
ST. GEORGE MONASTERY

The present Church was built in 1912 over the ruins of the 16th century Chapel of which little has ...

MAR ELIAS MONASTERY
MAR ELIAS MONASTERY

The Monastery was first built in the Byzantine period, but it was then named after Saint Anastasius.

The website is created and sponsored by

Copyright © 2022 Bethlehem Gate. All rights reserved. | Developed By Intertech